There is a second side to digital beyond what we covered in our Part 1 post HERE. Today we look at the unpaid side of digital and the social media marketing angle.
Once again this is meant for a quick bullet point read of things to consider when crafting your social media marketing strategy that goes hand in hand with your paid digital.
- If you aren’t building an email list and nurturing it with regular and well crafted content you are missing out.
- Less text and more images on social media. Especially FB and Instagram.
- If you run FB and Instagram Ads people are going to like your page at times as a chance to “get to know you.” YOU MUST have an organic social strategy for these channels if you are running ads.
- Do research on hashtags for both the local area your business is in and nationally to connect and increase your following and community.
- Don’t believe you can’t learn how to do it. It just takes some time and energy to learn but it’s much easier to pick up than say learning a foreign language or playing a musical instrument.
- Do have someone whose job it is to be on there daily. It doesn’t have to be there only job but when everyone is just “pitching in to do it” then it never happens.
- Don’t post the same things at the same time on all of your social channels.
- Understand what people want and ask them continually if it’s still what they want. It will always change and if you don’t listen people will go away.
- If you aren’t focusing on email marketing you are MISSING OUT.
- There are many more social media channels than just FB and Twitter...experiment.
- View it as a long tail opportunity, not a short term sale.
- It takes time and energy to grow these types of things but it’s the future and if you don’t do it now you are only hurting the revenues of your business now and into the future.
Thanks for reading and I’ll be back next week with part three which jumps into the analysis side of digital for other thoughts in what you should be measuring.
That’s a high-level summary! Do you have any questions? I’m here to answer them at Mike@HutchisonMedia.com.
We’ll even do a free audit of your existing advertising plan and give you our feedback. We actually work hand in hand with business owners and marketing directors, not in place of them.
Or, if you’re like so many people and just don’t fully understand the process we can explain it to you in a language you’ll understand.
Email Mike@HutchisonMedia.com or leave us a comment below.
Let’s Change the Pace!
Jim, Mike, and the Whole Hutchison Media Team